The Monday, June 4, 2018 meeting of the Macon-Bibb County Design Review Board was held in the MBPZ Conference Room, Terminal Station 200 Cherry Street, Suite 300 beginning at 4:00 p.m.
The Board approved the May 7, 2018 meeting minutes
- 1089 Rose Place: Certificate of Appropriateness to allow design approval to demolish structure and landscape, HR-3 District. DeSales Academy/Chris R. Sheridan, Applicant
The DRB determined that the proposal to demolish the structure at 1089 Rose Place is appropriate and recommended approval to the P&Z Commission. The vote was unanimous.
- 740 Mulberry Street: Certificate of Appropriateness to allow design approval of façade modification, CBD-1 District. RC Poss Construction, Applicant
The DRB determined that the proposal is appropriate based on the revised information submitted at the hearing and recommended approval to the P&Z Commission. The vote was unanimous.
- 633 Arlington Place: Certificate of Appropriate to allow design approval of a new single-family dwelling, HR-3 District. John Losey, Applicant.
- The site plan must be revised to move the single-family house further away from the street so that the front porch is in line with the front porches of the adjoining structures on either side of this property.
- If the two large deciduous trees on the right side of the property are removed to accommodate the construction of the new single-family home, two new replacement trees shall be planted on the property.
- The location and species of the trees shall be approved by staff.
- The foundation shall be brick or stucco.
- The siding shall be Hardiboard lap siding.
- The windows shall be aluminum clad double hung.
- The shutters shall be painted wood.
- The Porch railing pickets shall be square.
- The porch columns can be of composite material.
- The demolition of the dilapidated house is part of this approval.