The Monday, March 22, 2021 meeting of the Macon-Bibb County Planning & Zoning Commission will be held in the MBPZ Conference Room, Terminal Station | 200 Cherry Street, Suite 300 beginning at 1:30 p.m. The administrative meeting begins at noon.
If you will be speaking to the Zoning Commission, you will need sign-in at the front desk before the hearing. You can pre–register online up until Friday 3:30pm prior to the hearing.
This will be a live, in-person hearing. Presenting applicants will need to participate in the MBPZ Conference Room. Applicants whose items have been recommended for ratification need not attend.
The hearing will be streamed on our MBPZ’s YouTube Channel
- Social distancing rules apply.
- Limited seating available.
- Fever checks & masks are required for admittance & attendance.
Administrative meeting agenda
- Call to order
- Review of Agenda Items
- New Business
- Old Business
1. 00265 Orange St | Certificate of Appropriateness | to allow exterior modifications for window replacement, HR-3 District | Janet Hendrickson, applicant | recommended for ratification
2. 01501 Mercer University Dr | Variance | in required setback to allow fence and additional campus sign, R-3 District [ 2021-0248] | Kent McCormick/Triple Point Engineering, Inc., applicant | recommended for ratification
3. 02271 Bonner Gilbert Rd | Conditional use | to allow a manufactured home, A-Ag District | Joseph M. Jernigan, applicant | recommended for ratification
4. 02720 Riverside Dr /2770 Riverside Dr | Variance | in sign height and area of changeable copy panel, C-4 District | Michael Burk/Quik Trip Corporation, applicant
5. 04280 Interstate Dr | Conditional use | to allow a bobcat dealership/repair center, PDI District [2021-0245] | Meco LLC/Bobcat of Macon, applicant | recommended for ratification
6. 05590 Thomaston Rd | Conditional use | to allow conceptual approval for subdivision and 2 restaurants with drive-thru / final site plan approval for restaurant with drive-thru (Popeye’s), C-4 District | Allen Shackelford/Tobesofkee Crossing, LLC., applicant
7. 05591 Thomaston Rd | Conditional use | to allow tire sale sales and installation, C-4 District | Mavis Southeast, LLC/Mavis Tires & Brakes, applicant
8. 05591 Thomaston Rd | Variance | in required parking spaces, C-4 District | Mavis Southeast, LLC/Mavis Tires & Brakes, applicant
Items From Previous Agenda
9. 07081 Peake Rd N | Conditional use | to allow a three story sixty (60) unit age restricted multi-family complex, PDE District | Kathleen Mathews/In-Fill Housing, Inc., applicant
10. 07081 Peake Rd N | Variance | in parking requirements for 60-unit, age restricted multi-family complex, PDE District | Kathleen Mathews/In-Fill Housing, Inc., applicant