The Monday, November 8th Macon-Bibb County Zoning Commission’s Hearing will be held at 1:30 p.m. in the MBPZ Conference Room at the Terminal Station, Third Floor. [via Google Maps]
Commissioners will hold an administrative pre-hearing meeting at noon in the same location. Both meetings are open to the public–no testimony will be received during the administrative meeting.
If you intend to offer testimony on an agenda item being reviewed, you need to register to be called for your time to speak. Sign in at the front desk prior to the hearing or pre-register online now. Pre-registration deadline is Friday 3:00 p.m. before the Zoning Hearing. We ask you to review our Hearing Procedures & Protocols before attending an MBPZ Zoning Hearing.
Compliance with personal safety rules is mandatory in MBPZ Offices for all meetings, hearings & face-to-face interactions:
• Social distancing & masks are required.
• Seating is limited in hearings & meetings.
Administrative meeting agenda
- Call to order
- Staff review of agenda items with Commissioners
- New Business
- Old Business
- Adjourn administrative meeting
1. 00415 Cherry St | Certificate of Appropriateness | to allow renovations of existing 2nd floor building, CBD-1 District | Bob Brown-BTBB Architects, applicant | moved to ratification
2. 00443 Bay St | Conditional use | to allow an outside bar with off-site parking, C-2 District | Nadiyah Harris, applicant
3. 00473/00485 Third St | Certificate of Appropriateness | to allow exterior modifications of two buildings, CBD-1 District | Bob Brown-BTBB Architects, applicant | moved to ratification
4. 02050 Bowman Pk | Conditional use | to allow a 2-story professional office building, PDE District | Wes Cone, Piedmont Capital Group LLC / Robert Moore, Moore Civil Consulting, Inc., applicant
5. 02501 Shurling Dr | Conditional use | to allow a day care center at an existing church, R-1A District | Barbara Hollingshed/Cora Williams Learning Center, applicant | moved to ratification
6. 04460 Mumford Rd | Conditional use | with variance in allowable height to allow a communication tower, R-3 District | Craig Smith, Fortified Telecom Services, applicant
7. 05151 Mercer University Dr | Conditional use | to allow truck parking, PDE District | Rodrick Cromartie, Sr., applicant | moved to ratification
8. 06255 Zebulon Rd | Conditional use | to allow a play & discovery center, PDE District | Diedra Wilson/Macon Giggles & Wiggles, applicant | moved to ratification
9. 07687 Knoxville Rd | Conditional use | to allow a manufactured home with decks, Ag District | Michael Smith, applicant | moved to ratification
Deferred from 10-25-2021 agenda
10. 01250 Eisenhower Pkwy | Rezoning | from C-2, General Commercial District to PDC-Planned Development District to allow a warehouse and light manufacturing | 1008 Packing LLC/Jim Rollins, The Summit Group, applicant
11. 01250 Eisenhower Pkwy | Conditional use | to allow a warehouse and light manufacturing, C-2 District [PDC pending] | 1008 Packing LLC/Jim Rollins, applicant