Online Zoning Application
Begin your zoning process here using our online zoning application program.
Filling out the form is fairly straightforward. Start by inserting the address into the top box. That will fill in the boxes on the first row. From there, answer a few questions, using the drop-down menus. Be sure to explain what the project is in the Project Description box.
There are several TYPES of applications. Be sure you chose the right one for your project. For instance,
- if you are working on a house in a historic district, you may need a Certificate of Appropriateness.
- Or, if you are opening a business somewhere, you will need a Commercial, Industrial or Institutional use
- If your business is already open, but you are moving it into new space, you will also possibly need a Commercial, Industrial or Institutional use permit.
- Does your business need a sign? Click on Other zoning type at the bottom of the list.
- Working from home? You may need a Home Occupation
- Building a new house? Apply for a Single family dwelling, building addition, accessory building, swimming pool, duplex.
- Adding a garage, or wanting to put up a fence? You also need the Single family dwelling, building addition, accessory building, swimming pool, duplex
If you don’t know which type of application you need, don’t worry. Just make your best guess then go ahead and submit. We’ll take it from there.
Under the Project Description box will be a series of tabs. These change depending on which TYPE of application you are submitting. Click on each of these and insert the information you know. If you don’t know it, skip it and move on to the next one.
Under the Applicant tab, be sure to put in your contact information. Be sure you tell us if the applicant and owner are the same or different. If you miss this box, it won’t let you go much further.
Then, click the Submit tab. This will open a new page. The last page of the application will allow you to review the appropriate fees for your application and to upload any supporting materials such as photographs, architect’s drawings, site plans, etc. Once you have done that, you can sign and hit Submit one last time. You should receive an email with instructions on how to pay your fees online.
Remember if you get stuck, go ahead and submit the form. We’ll take it from there.
Or, if you prefer, you can download a printable Zoning Permit Application form, fill it out, take a picture of it with your smartphone and email it to us at [email protected].