The Macon-Bibb County Planning & Zoning Commission is looking to fill an entry level planner position. As described in detail below, this position will provide the selected candidate the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects, more so than most entry level planning positions.
This is an onsite, in-office, position.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate poise under pressure, exceptional communication skills and attention to detail. Energy, enthusiasm, and positivity are a must! The incumbent will lead by example demonstrating honesty, integrity, and providing the highest level of customer service and professionalism.
This position provides technical assistance and analysis related to planning initiatives and land development applications. This is accomplished by processing various land development applications (i.e., Applications for Variances, Conditional Use Permits, and Rezonings); preparing plans, reports, studies, and analyses pertaining to current and long-range planning concerns; assisting the public; and providing staff support to various boards, commissions, and the citizens of Macon-Bibb County.
This position also provides support for the Macon Area Transportation Study (MATS) MPO, the local body tasked with coordinating Federally supported transportation projects and activities. For details on MATS MPO, please check out https://www.maconmpo.com/.
Education: & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, geography, architecture, public administration, or related field;
- 4 years of experience (A Master’s degree from an accredited university may substitute for 2 years of experience);
- Familiarity with presenting before boards, commissions and the general public;
- Experience with current and/or long-range planning activities
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS);
- Preferred: AICP certification or AICP candidate status preferred.
Must possess a valid Georgia driver’s license.
Competitive Hiring Salary Range:
$50,499 – $55,499
Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00 pm
- 401(a) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off