At Macon-Bibb County Planning & Zoning Commission, our talent search committee attracts and hires the best-qualified candidates across the nation. The incumbent will lead by example and demonstrate honesty and integrity along with dedicating themselves to lending unparalleled customer service and professionalism.
Our office is made up of 16 talented & skilled employees who are passionate about their work and our community.
Our Executive Director has extensive experience in leading organizations and streamlining processes that integrate land development, inspections, code enforcement, preservation, and economic development. Our Zoning Staff administers zoning & development ordinances through a permitting process. Our Zoning Inspectors enforce zoning ordinances & other applicable laws & codes for the City of Macon-Bibb County. Our Planning Staff help envisions and shapes future City growth. Along with Human Resources, Communications, GIS, and Administrative professionals whose support is vital to our mission… We are MBPZ!
If you are seeking a meaningful role where you can make a real difference in improving and growing our city, we welcome you to explore the job opportunities we have to offer.
Development Review Officer
Working in the Zoning Section of the Macon-Bibb County Planning & Zoning Commission, under the direction of the Zoning Director, the Development Review Officer will provide technical assistance pertaining to zoning and land use to citizens, land developers, contractors, and design professionals. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the Commission’s zoning operation including:
The interpretation and application of ordinances, regulations, standards, and procedures pertaining to zoning, land development, and land use;
- The review of development plans and documents;
- The processing of zoning applications and issuance of zoning permits
- Providing assistance and information to the general public regarding all aspects of zoning;
- Preparing staff reports for public hearings and meetings;
- Coordinating with Zoning Inspectors regarding permit and development compliance;
- Applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in urban/regional planning, landscape architecture, public administration, or geography. Consideration will be given to applicants with degrees in other fields with two or more years of similar work experience.
- Possession of an appropriate driver’s license valid in the State of Georgia.
- Applicants must be experienced with Microsoft Office Suite/Office 365.
- Working knowledge of geographic information systems is beneficial.
- Creative problem solving & graphic presentation skills are highly desirable.
The successful candidate will be technically competent, detail-oriented, highly organized and should possess strong verbal and written skills in order to effectively communicate technical information to the public and work effectively with local, state, and federal agencies.
Starting salary range ($48,500 – $52,500) is market competitive depending upon experience and qualifications. Commission offers excellent benefits package.
The application deadline is Friday, April 15th. Submit the required Cover Letter and Resume to [email protected] by the April 15th deadline to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/ADA) DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE